Connect with us

jamo sub 260 plate components number removed

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ajith, Apr 3, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. ajith

ajith

Apr 3, 2016
    Hi,
    Recently, my Jamo Sub 260 died and refused to turn on. I opened and inspected the amplifier; no burn marks, no suspicious components, and the fuse was not blown. I tested all the transistors and components and all seems to be fine, even the smd ones. However when i checked the voltages, I do not seem to be getting any current into each of the transformers. So as for now, i am suspecting it may be a problem with the power supply region of the amplifier. On the underside of the pcb are 2 smd chips, controlling the driver transistors (2 irf740s) of the main transformer. However, scratch marks are present on the ic packages and I am unable to identify what model number are those. My guess is that the problem lies within these chips(marked U1 and U2 on the pcb) that caused the failure of my sub. Does anyone here have any info of this chips or any relevant info to help me fix this sub?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      111.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      107.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      73.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
  2. arjen

arjen

Jan 4, 2017
    Hi,

Unfortunately you did not have a reaction. I wonder if you managed to repair your subwoofer and if so how. I think I have the same sort of problem.

Thanks for the reply.

3. AnalogEL

AnalogEL

Feb 21, 2017
  4. deepak_kakkad

deepak_kakkad

Mar 20, 2021
    Hi, U2 is S2153D PWM IC, which controls the mosfets IRF740 for on and off.

U1 I am not aware of and will be happy if someone knows and posts the ic number of U1.

Hope this will help you to some extent.

Ask a Question