Connect with us

I've had an idea for an analogue synth sequencer, but I'm not sure what to Google

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Bob Reaper, May 14, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Bob Reaper

Bob Reaper

May 14, 2018
    Basically, I've built a simple drone synth from four of LMNC's oscillators. It sounds great, but without CV tracking it's difficult to get it to work with a sequencer.

My idea would be to use some kind of potentiometer controlled on/off switch, with the pot changing how large the gaps between the notes are (or the on/off state). That way, I could have 4-8 next to each other, which if put to the correct speeds would produce the effect of 4-8 notes playing in a row.

I've tried to breadboard a vactrol style LED blinker and LDR to get this working with some success, but it seems an overly complicated method.

So my question is, what kind of circuit turns a switch on and off repeatedly at a variable speed?

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    A variable ASTABLE oscillator will change the frequency at which a pulse is created.

But a device that has varying SPACE between pulses can also be a Pulse Width Modulation oscillator (PWM). This keeps the frequency the same but varies the time between the pulses

Ask a Question