Connect with us

Issue with Single Phase to Single Phase Cyclo converter Circuit.

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Hamidnawaz340, Jun 27, 2021.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hamidnawaz340

Hamidnawaz340

Jun 27, 2021
    HI,
    I am Hamid Nawaz and new at this forum.

I am trying to make a circuit for single phase to single-phase cyclo converter. Using Pic Micro Controller for Triggering Gate of Trails.

Triac -> BT151
    Optocoupler -> MOC3021
    For Trigring Triacs -> PIC Micro controller.

I was unable to find any circuit diagram with the Triac Driver part. After some experiments I found a method to trigger Triacs. The Problem When I try to Operate each bridge (Positive and Negative) separately both work fine but when I combine two Bridges in anti-parallel the fuse blows out.
    I have checked much time, there is no shortage. Maybe I am not making the right circuit.

I am Using a 100 Watts Bulb at output and I don't have osciloscope available, I am not able to share output waveform. I have attached the circuit diagram of what I have made, I there is an issue with the circuit please suggest me the right circuit. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    This is probably a timing issue. An oscilloscope would come in really handy to analyze this.
    When you connect the two bridges anti-parallel, I assume that you inadvertently activate both legs of the bridge and thus create a short circuit between the supply rails which in turns will blow the fuse.
    upload_2021-6-30_7-51-3.png

Note that a triac has two anodes, A1 and A2, not anode and cathode. And please do use standard schematic symbols, like so:
    upload_2021-6-30_7-52-47.png
    This will make it much easier for us to read your diagrams.

3. Hamidnawaz340

Hamidnawaz340

Jun 27, 2021
    Sorry for sharing the non-technical Diagram. I am using an 11 ms delay between triggering bridges.

Moreover, I have added a resister between the Gate and Cathode of each Triac. Also added a snubber circuit with each trace but the problem is still the same.

Ask a Question