Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is this worth fixing?

Jeanguypataterubberboot

Jul 9, 2013
I have a polaroid talc-03212 that has got half black on me. I was wondering if anyone knew what would cause this and what to do to fix it if it's worth it.

Pierre

Attachments

• VE+OvmUXS0GIqx2beWPvRw.jpg
    VE+OvmUXS0GIqx2beWPvRw.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 85

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I have a polaroid talc-03212 that has got half black on me. I was wondering if anyone knew what would cause this and what to do to fix it if it's worth it.

Pierre

it's most likely the LCD panel. Being able to fix it will depend on the availability of the panels

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Jeanguypataterubberboot . . . . . . . . .

( and I couldn't even START to imagine the 64bit +++++++ password used with that user identifier.)

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW . . . . what a " luggy" face on that AVATAR. !

Look at your units " POLAR OLD " logo and place 5 finger tips . . . no . . .wait . . .1...2...3...4... that's only being 4 fingertips . . . just below that ledge that's just above the logo , that ends at the drop off to the LCD protective sheet*** (keep off of it ***) and then have your palm at the other side of the screen at that complementary alternate position, such that you can apply moderate pressure between the display cases front and back sides.

See if you ever gain any extra bottom display lines with that pressure. Then you move just to the side and try again until you have repeated and progressively applied alternate pressure points until you have reached the side of the screen.
Then . . . . you move back to that center area starting point and work the OTHER half of the screen.

If you ever get bottom screen line enhancement / additions , there is hope of a partial internal connector . . . .INTERCONNECTIVITY . . .failure . . . .being your problem.

Fill us in . . .

73's de Edd

Last edited:

Jeanguypataterubberboot

Jul 9, 2013
I tried but I got nothing. Do you think the problem is in the main board? Would that be fixable? If not I will just keep the boards and trash the rest.

Thanks for the help

Pierre

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
That would have been revealing the most fixable solution, but I remember a Toshiba, one time that a drop had half unseated a muuuuuulti pinned connector.