Connect with us

Is there such a thing as an opto mosfet?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by Rich Grise, Oct 22, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    Is there such a thing as an opto mosfet?

    I was just thinking about gain feedback that's DC isolated - is
    there SATAAOM? ;-)

    In my mental imagination's movie screen, I see something like
    the old incandescent/CDS gain controls. HP used just the filament,
    but that was to stabilize the gain - essentially, I want to amplitude
    modulate a resonant oscillator.

    Long-tailed pair in push-pull with a variable current source?

  2. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

  3. Winfield

    Winfield Guest

    Ahh, why DC isolated? How about the JFET gain trick in AoE.
    Yep, not a bad idea. Look up amplitude-controlled marginal
    oscillator, see if there's anything out there on that. In
    the meantime I can send you some papers and drawings of its
    use in NMRs and other types of Q-sensing LC oscillators.
  4. D from BC

    D from BC Guest

    VCA IC.

    D from BC
  5. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

  6. Rich Grise

    Rich Grise Guest

    Such a thing as an opto mosfet. :)
    Well, I don't actually know if it's supposed to be DC isolated or
    not - this client hasn't told me much about the project yet, but
    I want to hit the ground running when he does. Clearly, if it
    doesn't have to be isolated, then it's pretty simple. :)

    And, yes, I'm gonna have to pick up a copy of AoE for my very own. ;-)

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day