Connect with us

Is there such a thing as a power/surge monitor?

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by [email protected], Dec 14, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    Hi! I live in an apartment inside a cooperative unit. Our unit loses
    power at least 3x per week and more often when there is heavy wind or
    rain. I would like a way to electronically document each time we lose
    power in case I need to prove to management that I am having this
    problem....does there exist a device that I can stick in an outlet and
    leave in it for a few weeks and have it "count" how many time it lost
    power and regained it? If so, what is it called and where can I buy or
    borrow one?
    Am I making any sense?

    I live in the United states

    Thanks, New
  2. Google for 'power line monitor'

    Standard rental item. If your power is unreliable due to wind
    and rain I would have thought it is an issue for the electrical
    utility. If you call the utility they will send a lineman
    around with a power line monitor to verify the problem (or
    maybe just fix it on the spot).
  3. John G

    John G Guest

    The name you are looking for is Dranetz but I am sure there are other
    line monitoring devices.

    They would likely be too expensive for you to buy but rent maybe.

    First ask your utility supplier for help.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day