Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is there even a difference if i use a thyristor instead of a transistor? Also any improvements?

Name...

Apr 6, 2016
ALSO WHAT WIRE DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND I USE FOR THE HANDLE AND THE LOOP OF WIRE INSTEAD OF SW1-WHICH IS JUST FOR TESTING?

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
Yes, a thyristor will have different specs.
There's a npn transistor here driving an led and buzzer. I'd start by describing the load you want to drive. Then figure out what components you need.
Btw, that circuit doesn't show any current limiting resistors for the leds and transistor.

Name...

Apr 6, 2016
Yes, a thyristor will have different specs.
There's a npn transistor here driving an led and buzzer. I'd start by describing the load you want to drive. Then figure out what components you need.
Btw, that circuit doesn't show any current limiting resistors for the leds and transistor.

Ok thanks for the response and i am aware of the current limiting resistors. Also, do you recommend a wire i can use for the wire loop and handle for the game?

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
I've no idea what loop you need nor what game your talking about.

I don't think it'd matter much what type of wire as far as the circuit is concerned.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
If this is a game where a loop of wire is passed over a wiggly wire with the aim of not touching, then the loop and the wiggly wire need to have no conductive coating. Most copper wire is enamelled and the enamel would need to be removed. If this is done by heating, then the wire would be softened which is not wanted.

I would use galvanised steel wire as used for farm electric fences. Find a farmer who has some recovered wire which may need straigtening. If you say how magnificent his cattle are, he may give you some for free. Gardeners also use it for supporting plants.