Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is it the batteries? The handsets? The cradles?....

Adela

Aug 30, 2013
Panasonic corded phone with 3 cordless handsets

1. I have Panasonic KX-TG4773B corded telephone which worked well, with 3 cordless handsets.

2. When the original handset batteries expired I bought special Panasonic Eneloop NI-MH Precharged AAA batteries but lasted 2 days and died. Amazon quickly sent me replacement and it happened the same.

3. I don't know if it's the wrong batteries, or, the wrong handsets, or, the wrong charger-cradles for the handsets.

But when I put the only one handset still working well (with the original Panasonic batteries!), on the cradle where the handset had stopped working...it continued to work well so I suspect it may be the batteries? Yet 2 sets of new batteries didn't work! Is it possible?

I'm out of warranty by now. Anyone would happen to know? Thanks ever so much for any help. :)

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
Most probably wrong batteries.
Looks like the batteries will not charge.

Can you do a simple test:
Swap the original working batteries to a "non working handset",does it work now?

Put the non working batteries pulled out from the above "non working" unit in the working handset
,does it charge?
If it does,is it working after charging?

Adela

Aug 30, 2013
Thank you so much dorke, the original batteries that came with the set have long expired and when they did I tested them just in case and gave no sign of life. What I also did later was: put the ONLY good handset with the ONLY original batteries still working, on the cradle where the bad handset with bad batteries were, and the good handset continued to work well (where the previous handset on that cradle didn't). I'm sorry to make it so merry-go-roundish. However, I'll follow your precise suggestion and will let you know.

Okay, I just did the 2nd test you so kindly suggested and it says (as it did in all the other handsets "Insert Batteries". I waited awhile and sure enough it did not work. I put in again the good batteries on the same handset and they DID WORK! :) I ask, what do these 2 batteries have that ALL the rest of them don't??? I've gone through not only the last 2 packs of 4 batteries each (which Amazon refunded), but before them also some Amazon brand ones and some other different Panasonic ones....how could so many batteries not work??? It's the century mystery... Any more ideas? I thank you again a lot! :) Adela

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
There could be a few answers:
1. Wrong kind of batteries.
2. Faked batteries.

It looks like you need this kind
They appear here,you can contact panasonic for advice and can buy directly from them.