Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Is it feasible to create a wired control for my sound system?

geo909

Dec 30, 2012
Hello all,

This is my first post: thanks to everybody who spent time on this really helpful website!

I have a 2.1 speaker system by cyber acoustics (CA-3602). This includes the 2 speakers connected to
the subwoofer, and also connected to the subwoofer is a little wired remote control, with one male
jack input, one female jack input, a led to indicate power and controls for the volume and subwoofer
volume plus it has a on/off switch.

Funny story but my control was stolen (!) and to make it short, I'd like to try to create my own
before I go buy a new sound system. That said, I'm a very beginner, and so far have only dealt with
very simple circuits with leds and toy motors and stuff. I was wondering if making a replacement
control for this would make an easy enough project for me.

I was not able to find any schematics or instructions on anything like that. The product's webpage
is here however all the manuals and datasheets (links at bottom right) do not contain
any detailed information on the actual circuits and stuff..

Below you can also see two pictures of the system and in particular how the input for the wired
control ("control pod") looks like.

Unfortunately that's pretty much all the info I could give you so far.. Let me know if you need me
to look for something else..

Do you have any hints or directions about how I should proceed? Does it sound too much for a
beginner? Any insights or opinions would be appreciated.

~