Connect with us

Is electronics completely random?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by ssfe, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. ssfe

ssfe

Jul 9, 2010
    Hello i am completely new here. Can someone tell me how do you know which electronic components to use when building any project. How do you know what resistor or capacitor is required or even when?

You have a eureka moment but then you have the oh crap moment how do i do it kind of thing, where do i even start!

I hope you get my point as to how does one know or what steps to take when building a project out the blue?

Do you simply go ahead and randomly buy components and then just hope to figure it all out or is there an a approach to the whole project concept thing?

Please be detailed as possible thank you kindly as i REALLY NEED TO KNOW???

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Let me ask you a question.

If you are making breakfast for yourself, do you have a eureka moment but then you have the oh crap moment how do i do it kind of thing, where do i even start!

I hope you get my point as to how does one know or what steps to take when making breakfast out the blue?

Do you simply go ahead and randomly buy ingredients and then just hope to figure it all out or is there an a approach to the whole breakfast concept thing?

Please be detailed as possible thank you kindly as i REALLY NEED TO KNOW???

edit: I presume that the post I'm replying to is just the first post of a spammer, but in case it's a serious question, I've moved it to its own thread rather than having it appended to a thread where it is completely irrelevant. In case the question is serious, the answer is "knowledge".

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  3. ChosunOne

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
    LOL! Good reply, Steve. I like your approach to the question.:D

4. sandracg03

sandracg03

Jul 17, 2010
    what are transisters and how it works?
    ------------------

5. jaki54321

jaki54321

Jul 19, 2010
    A transistor is a Semiconductor that is used to Amplify and switch electronic signals, Transistors come in many different types, and are now mostly used in integrated circuits. Transistors can be used for all sorts of things with solid state circuitry, from audio to lighting to even some more complex circuits, they are very versatile devices and there are many different types of them.

That is what I know about transistors, hopefully its right

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I'm not sure it's worth replying to anyone on this thread. They all pretty much show the hallmarks of the spam we get.

sandracg03, for instance has a row of hyphens below a one line message. That is typically followed by some spamvertised url. As it was his first post the url got eaten.

I feel the post that started this thread was posted in a similar vein (i.e. get a post so you can then post spam). Neither have come back -- and that tells you an awful lot.

7. florinanghel

florinanghel

Jun 14, 2010
    What are spammers and how do they work? They have a eureka moment but then they have the oh crap moment how do i do it kind of thing, where do i even start spamming?

Seriously, you should delete this topic. :D

8. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Spammers are the lowlife scum of the internet.

sandracg03 just posted his second message which (surprise surprise) turned out to be spam *exactly* as I described.

In times of old spammers would post quite obvious advertisements (some still do). This forum takes some precautions against them (by preventing certain behaviour until you have posted a couple of messages, for example) so they attempt to look like a "normal" user to get past that and then start spamming.

A fairly good sign is a really stupid question. Now, normally there is no such thing as a stupid question, but there are exceptions. Typically they are really open ended and clearly come from someone who barely even knows the words to use. Other times you'll see then post someone else's question!

Yeah, we really should delete this topic.

Ask a Question