Maker Pro
Maker Pro

IRF replacement in power inverter

Shaneb66

Oct 26, 2015
Hi, I am trying to replace some IRFs in my 24 volt to 240 volt inverter.
I have been trying to find a data sheet or a IRF that I can replace a 4D12 (FHP100N08) with.
When I google these, I just get Chinese websites. Can anyone let me know what I can replace these with?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir Shane . . . . .

Ohhhhhhh those dirty /diabolical small time semiconductor maunfacturers OR relabelers .
They just modify a part number identifier to make it " their own " proprietary sourcing.
Its usually just being just the prefix / header.
Case in point is your :

" I have been trying to find a data sheet or a IRF that I can replace a 4D12 (FHP100N08) with. "

and Its being that " FHP" in this case.
The basic numbering being of INTEREST is the root "100N08" portion
And it looks so familiar to mer, that I immediately want to go look it up in Motorola but . . .alas . . .they
are now ON and are drifting away from older assigned number, Mororola tendencies.

You mention IRF , but their forte is being their HIGHER voltage units.
With your application only using 24 volts , you will be wanting a device with a VDS spec of at least 3 times
that supply voltage level and with as low of a RDS on as is possible.

In looking up your "100N08" root base semi identifier I only am finding it in two unknown brands and ta-da
Infineon . . . . .but they must be "Cherman" now, as that is what language that I am seeing at the"AG" site that I was bounced to.
I am now finding that all is well in the world, and you can get their IPA100N08N3G which is a :

N channel MOSFET
75 Volts @ 100 amps
RDS on of 7.1 milliohms
In a TO-220AB housing
Max power dissipation of 300W.

( Your IRF series could only DREAM of that low-low-LOW of a RDS spec.)

Whatever "buzz word" manufacturers want to use for their LOW RDS design process, its either multiple semi dies tied together
or laying out the unit as a " trench" and "planting" in multiple DGS electrodes.

The end of the search, now approaches, with you now being able to get your OWN copies at a mere one dollah sixtiy three cents as:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...qf64O/%2bfmPdA01agKI3D%2brvGvcWKj/94B0WU/0A==

If you are not USA, the rest of the worlds supply cache resides at:

http://www.findchips.com/search/100n08

Be sure to check THEIR . . . ON hand stock :
(And IGNORE the co-offered capacitors and relays !)

Oh . . . . .I now see that you are from AUS-STRAAAAAY-llll-YAAA . . . . . mate . . . . . .but I don't think that you will be finding any
vended from out a basement window of the Sidney Opera House.

Thassssit . . . .Now go ye forth and get that POWERFUL Supply working again.

73's de Edd

Shaneb66

Oct 26, 2015
Thanks for your very informative response 73'3 de Edd. I don't do much shopping at the Sydney Opera House, too expensive mate.
Thanks again, Shane.