Connect with us

IR tx & Rx

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Srikanth, Nov 2, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Srikanth

Srikanth

Nov 1, 2016
    I have one doubt in the IR sensor i bought IR pair as per my knowledge black colour is Receiver and white one transmitter But checking with camera black one will getting lights up slightly please give me solution for this because i want to do project based on the IR sensor

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    What is the part number of your sensor? Do you have a datasheet (or a link to it)?

Srikanth likes this.
  3. Srikanth

Srikanth

Nov 1, 2016
    Sorry I didn't have any data sheet about it 5mm IR Pair-500x500-500x500.jpg

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I would expect the clear one is the led and the dark one the photodiode or phototransistor.

5. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    Without datasheet it's guesswork, with a good chance our guess is right.
    How would the receiver light up? Show us a schemtic of your test setup/connections. How do you operate the receiver?

6. Srikanth

Srikanth

Nov 1, 2016
    May be its photo diode because its resistance is changing when certain light rays fall on it
    Is there any difference between photo diode and ir photo diode or (Photo detector )

7. Srikanth

Srikanth

Nov 1, 2016
    When supply is connected blue light we can observe and one more thing that white sensor will effects with light rays output is not based on ir emitted rays its based on light intensity fall on the ir rx
    Please give me Is there any difference between photo diode & IR photo diode

Attached Files:

8. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    You don't supply a photodiode with power. Photodiodes are used as current sources and typically a transimpedance amplifier is used to generate a voltage proportional to the brightness of the incident light.
    Here are some application examples.

davenn likes this.
  9. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    You do not know what you have (IR? Rx? Tx? Ordinary Light Rx?) and we do not know what you have. When we buy IR Rx and Tx then they have part numbers and detailed datasheets that tell all about them.

10. Srikanth

Srikanth

Nov 1, 2016
    AUDIOGARU please give such types of data sshees of any IR Tx & Rx
    Seller didn't given any data sheets and didn't mention their part nos Simply i asked ir pair is given to me thats it

11. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Did you try asking them which one is the transmitter?

12. Srikanth

Srikanth

Nov 1, 2016
    Did you try asking them which one is the transmitter?
    Seller said Transparent one is reciver or white one

13. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Unusual, but there you go.

14. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    I think the seller knows nothing about electronics. It is the receiver with a dark case that must block visible light so it gives an output only with infrared. The transmitter is an LED that can have a clear case because its output is already only infrared.

I go to the major electronics parts distributor in the USA called www.digikey.com because you can search for anything. They list many IR LEDs in many currents and cases. An IR LED in the old fashioned case you have is a Lumex OED-EL-1L2 and they have 26,137 of them in stock today. Here is its datasheet: http://www.lumex.com/content/files/ProductAttachment/OED-EL-1L2.pdf

You and your seller do not know if you have a photo-diode or a photo-transistor. An Osram SFH 203 FA is an IR photo-diode in a dark case that blocks visible light. Here is the datasheet from Digikey:
    http://www.osram-os.com/Graphics/XPic9/00218297_0.pdf

Harald Kapp and davenn like this.
  15. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    And my comment on that would be:

Purchase your electronics from someone you trust. If you don't trust them, don't buy from them.
    To that I add the caveat that if you personally know enough to be able to reliably test the parts you receive and are prepared to take the risk, you can purchase from suppliers you don't necessarily trust.

But, as audioguru points out, you don't appear to have the skills to reliably test the parts.

davenn likes this.
Ask a Question