Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ir sensor module doubts

LORD PHOENIX

May 27, 2014
i am using an arduino uno
this sensor module that i am using have 2 modes of operations 1. AH(active high) 2. AL(active low)
i wanna know how to make connections of AH and AL to ARDUINO , IIMG_6212.JPG s it required or only the V,GND,OUT conections are required

thanking u in anticipation

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Active High and active low designate which logic level the OUT pin will show when the module is active. YOu only set the jumpers on these pins to either position, connect V, GND and OUT to the arduino.

LORD PHOENIX

May 27, 2014
Active High and active low designate which logic level the OUT pin will show when the module is active. YOu only set the jumpers on these pins to either position, connect V, GND and OUT to the arduino.

Ok. If I want to use AH. one side of the jumper wire goes to AH pin but Where does the other side of the same jumper wire goes

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The jumper connects the center pin with either the left pin or the right pin, this sets the active level. Doesn't the module have a manual?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I will name it Walter.

Look at the board. There are two sets of three pins. There is a jumper connecting two of them. Those two are the centre pin of the three (that I shall call Walter) and one of the end pins. These are used to configure the operation of the board, you don't connect wires to them.