Connect with us

ir sensor module doubts

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by LORD PHOENIX, May 27, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. LORD PHOENIX

LORD PHOENIX

May 27, 2014
    i am using an arduino uno
    this sensor module that i am using have 2 modes of operations 1. AH(active high) 2. AL(active low)
    i wanna know how to make connections of AH and AL to ARDUINO , I IMG_6212.JPG s it required or only the V,GND,OUT conections are required

thanking u in anticipation

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Active High and active low designate which logic level the OUT pin will show when the module is active. YOu only set the jumpers on these pins to either position, connect V, GND and OUT to the arduino.

3. LORD PHOENIX

LORD PHOENIX

May 27, 2014
    Ok. If I want to use AH. one side of the jumper wire goes to AH pin but Where does the other side of the same jumper wire goes

4. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    The jumper connects the center pin with either the left pin or the right pin, this sets the active level. Doesn't the module have a manual?

5. LORD PHOENIX

LORD PHOENIX

May 27, 2014
    what is the centre pin??
    pls name it

6. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I will name it Walter.

Look at the board. There are two sets of three pins. There is a jumper connecting two of them. Those two are the centre pin of the three (that I shall call Walter) and one of the end pins. These are used to configure the operation of the board, you don't connect wires to them.

Supercap2F likes this.
  7. Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
    Hi Walter, nice to meet you ;)

Supercap2F likes this.
Ask a Question