Maker Pro
Maker Pro

IR remote for android

Pavle

Sep 21, 2015
When I solder ir leds to wires of audio jack ir remote is working, but when I solder ir leds on the audio jack ir remote is not working. Why???

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009

read your opening post again, it doesn't make sense

When I solder ir leds to wires of audio jack ir remote is working, but when I solder ir leds on the audio jack ir remote is not working. Why???

you contradicted yourself

so Steve is asking ... did it work or didn't it work as you have stated both conditions

Dave

Pavle

Sep 21, 2015
With wires it's working without them it's not working. Why not working without wires????

Last edited by a moderator:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
that still isn't helpful

show us your circuits
show photos of your construction

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Do you mean it doesn't work when the LEDs are soldered directly to the jack terminals rather than via lengths of wire? If so, then you probably have the LED polarity wrong when soldered directly. How do you intend to include current-limiting resistors with the direct connection?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I think maybe you hooked it up backwards.
Having a wire inbetween the jack and IR Led should not make a difference unless it's:
A) Hooked up wrong.
B) Bad joint.
C) Shorted somewhere

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Soldering then between the left and right channels does not sound right to me. They should be between one channel and ground.

Edit: And I am still not sure how well this would work.

Bob

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Your image seems to show solder bridges between all the LED legs!

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I soldered 2 ir leds in opposite way on left and right channels:http://postimg.org/image/50hvol8kf/
... I'm concerned now. this is starting to feel like a troll topic, and the pic shows obvious problems to anyone vaguely familiar with how electricity works ...

The LEDs will only light IF the difference between the Left/Right channel are high enough... this might be why the left/right channel is used instead of a single channel and ground... but I have never actually seen that done before. Where did you learn/read how to do this?

Do you have any electronics experience? ( I used to use electrical tape and spare batteries to make little red LED flashlights as a kid when I was 7. Even then, I knew that if both legs of the LED touched, it wouldn't work... Hence why I used hot-glue to insulate the LEDs when I dropped them in a pumpkin that might be moist enough to short out the LED )

I'm hoping we get a good reply, but I'm about to un-follow this thread and tell the op to learn some basics

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Your image seems to show solder bridges between all the LED legs!

... I'm concerned now. this is starting to feel like a troll topic, and the pic shows obvious problems to anyone vaguely familiar with how electricity works ...

The LEDs will only light IF the difference between the Left/Right channel are high enough... this might be why the left/right channel is used instead of a single channel and ground... but I have never actually seen that done before. Where did you learn/read how to do this?

yes agreed, this soldering job is really bad ... there is no way that this would work in its current condition
@Pavle Do you understand the problems ??

Dave

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
What to do to make this work??????????
I've decided to take a look back at your previous posts.
Pavle, you have on multiple occasions asked very vague questions and ignored direct questions.

I would strongly encourage you to slow down and try to be more observant.
The picture you uploaded shows multiple faults:
-It's very messy.
-It's looks like it was intended to be connected between left/right channel instead of using the ground lead.
-It looks like it's shorted.
-It's quite possible to damaged the LEDs or jack with excessive heat.

Please revisit some of the basics of electronics so that you understand the basics of series and parallel circuits. Additionally, buy/borrow a multi-meter because they are very important in troubleshooting.

If you have a meter, please use it on the device you had made and report back to us.
In the mean-time, I am un-following this thread, so I will not see when a replay is posted.
Please type @Gryd3 in your next reply.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
@Gryd3 What to measure with multimeter???
If you have a meter with a 'diode check' feature, you can use this to test your device. The reading should not be 0, and it should not be 0L .
I'm certain you can figure out where to touch it on the device you made.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
@Gryd3 Do I have to touch on place where I soldered diodes??
Ideally, you will touch the parts of the plug that go into the phone.
You should know which parts are connected, or be able to find out with the meter.
If not, I would strongly encourage you to try some simpler projects.