Connect with us

IR Remote Control Help

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by TheAppleMac, Oct 21, 2011.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. TheAppleMac

TheAppleMac

Oct 21, 2011
    I have designed an astable which produces a 5kHz frequency, the output is an IR LED. I have connected the IR diode in a potential divider (that's how it said for it to be set up) and I have a High pass (4kHz) and a low pass (6kHz) filter connected to make a band pass filter.

The question is, how do I connect them all together to make the photodiode respond when I switch the astable on?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
  3. TheAppleMac

TheAppleMac

Oct 21, 2011
    So how do I connect this into the circuit?

4. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Define "this". Are you talking about the receiver I sent you a pointer to, or your photodiode and filters?

Bob

5. TheAppleMac

TheAppleMac

Oct 21, 2011
    IR receivers in general, like the ones you sent me - how would I incorporate this with the astable, and I ultimately want to connect this to a motor.

Also, if you know a way of connecting the photodiode and filters, then I would appreciate that also. Thanks for your time. :)

6. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    There is some kind of miscommunication going on here.

There is no connection between the transmitter and receiver execpt via the IR light.
    If the receiver is seeing the transmitter, then it will output a zero (it is active low) and if it is not it will output a 1.

To use the receiver module, you would have to change your astable (555?) to 38KHz. It's output either drivers the IR LED directly if it has sufficient drive capability or you have to use a transistor switch to drive the LED.

To see what would be needed to do the receiver with your photodiode and filters, look at the block diagram in the datasheet for the receiver:

http://www.vishay.com/docs/81737/tsop341.pdf

Bob

Ask a Question