Maker Pro
Maker Pro

IR Light's

G_H_U

Nov 13, 2013
I am new to this forum so I hope I put this in the correct thread.

I am a paranormal investigator, I have built IR lights before in the past. But I have never built one like a flood light. The ones I have built only have 5 IR lights in the box with a 9 volt battery. The size of IR light that I used was a 20x 10mm Triple Chip 200mW Infrared IR LED Night Vision.
I have in my mind that I want to build one that puts out as much light as a million candle flashlight. So I have done some research and the brightest IR light I can find is Peak wave length 940, TYP 10mw , and beam angle 30 degrees. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am wanting to pack 20 of these IR Lights into its own little case but I have no idea what type of resistor I will need or how many I will need along with what size battery I will need to run these IR lights.

Please any help will be awesome :)
Thank you
Alex Hedge
<url removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Thats very difficult to compare, IR LED's to a million candle power light, since candle power is based upon the visible intensity.

That is also a very dim LED 20mW is very small, this one has 31 times the output power.

Honestly I believe that you are looking to build one of these, yes its a little pricey but if you got 10 of the earlier linked LED's with a power supply you would spend close to that anyways, if not more.

G_H_U

Nov 13, 2013
Thank you GreenGiant. That is the brightest IR light I have seen. It looks to be big and bulky. It would be hard to attach it to a camera and walk around with it. But for a stationary cam it would work perfect.