Connect with us

IR Blaster

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Hsnopi, Sep 13, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Hsnopi

Hsnopi

Dec 9, 2015
    Hello All,
    So I have an XBox One and I'm trying to control my tv volume through the remote. It says we need to have an IR extender since we don't have a Kinect.
    So I purchased this...

https://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Ext...F8&qid=1473727333&sr=8-15&keywords=ir+blaster

It doesn't work. I used the cell phone camera trick to see if it was even emitting anything and it wasn't. My question is...

Isn't this just an IR LED hooked to a couple wires? Is there a way to determine what size LED I'd need? I dunno. Seems lame to buy a whole new thing when the LED has got to be the only bad thing. I suppose it could be the jack. Then I'd also need to find somewhere to get an IR Led that won't cost as much to ship it here as buying a whole new blaster.

Thoughts? How could i nest the jack? Just replace that LED with any old regular one?
    Thanks

2. bushtech

bushtech

Sep 13, 2016
  3. bigone5500

bigone5500

Apr 9, 2014
    Maybe these?? Not sure if the wavelength will work though. I guess all IR LEDs are 940nM.

IR LED

4. Hsnopi

Hsnopi

Dec 9, 2015
    I suppose I could hook a meter up somehow and see.

Ask a Question