Connect with us

Inverter part ID needed.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Clyde, Aug 27, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Clyde


    Aug 27, 2010
    Hi. Just got a Digimate 17 inch monitor with no display. Found a bad shottky diode on the inverter PCB so I replaced that and the fuse, now I have a screen, however after a few minutes it starts to flicker badly, on the inverter the transformer on the side I replaced the diode is getting hot. After a bit of tracing I have found a small SMD (8 pin, looks like an IC) which is shorted to all pins. I am unable to read the tiny writing on top and can find no information on what the part is. Does anyone have any idea, or possibly a schematic. Judging by the way it is connected (there is an identical one on the other side of the inverter, dual lamp) I think it may actually be a special kind of zener diode.

    Anyway some numbers, the monitor is a Digimate L-1715 ( I believe the inverter is used in a variety of other brands ). The inverter PCB is part number IV185030HX. The part I need is identified as Q3 (maybe a transistor?)

    Can anyone help?
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day