Connect with us

Inverter issue

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by Rogerclement, May 4, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rogerclement

Rogerclement

May 4, 2020
    I have an inverter. Model 12/2400N. The issue is that when I first turn in on the idle current draw with no load connection is about 5 amps. The spec for this unit is 6.25 amps. Within five minutes of it being on the idle current slowly increases to around 20 amps. Even drawing excessive idle current I am getting 122 vac and solid 60hz. It will still run a load as well. Would anyone like comment on what may be causing this issue? I just cleaned all circuit boards.
    Thanks

2. Rogerclement

Rogerclement

May 4, 2020
    Forgot to mention that this is a Deminsons Inverter 2400w pure sine wave.

3. Audioguru

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
    Your inverter is very sick. Its idle current should be very low without a load because it is not working hard. Yours is heating with 122V x 20A= 2440W.
    Driving a 2400W load its efficiency should be 80% or better then its heating should be only 800W or less.
    I do not know if a schematic and parts list is available for it.

4. Rogerclement

Rogerclement

May 4, 2020
    Yes sir indeed it has an issue. I'm trying to get some direction as to where to start looking for a solution to this problem so I can repair it myself.
    Thanks

5. Rogerclement

Rogerclement

May 4, 2020
    That's 20 amp idle current draw from the 12vdc supply sir.

Ask a Question