Connect with us

inverse of inductor

Discussion in 'Electrical Engineering' started by Frederic Dazet, Nov 12, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hello,

    i'm looking for expressions relating to hydroelectric alternators.
    In an hydroelectric alternator, are there actual words which designate the
    inducting coil (the polarized "inductor", which is generally the rotor), and
    the inducted coil (which outputs an induced current, generally the stator) ?

    Such words exist in French : "inducteur" (the "inductor") and "induit" (the
    "inducted"), that's why i'm wondering if they exist in english as well.

    I'm looking for something along the lines of "inductor" and "inducted".

  2. thank you for the prompt reply. i still have a question though.
    can i use "armature" even if it is not rotating (in the case of an
    alternator for example, where the rotor - the field - is polarized, and the
    stator - the armature- outputs current)?
  3. thanks a lot for your help

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day