Connect with us

Inverse multiplexer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Casper1131, Apr 3, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Casper1131

Casper1131

Mar 25, 2014
    Where can i get an ic for an inverse multiplexer, i could create one myself but the board will be messy with too many wires any help is appreciated

2. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    That would be an encoder. 74f148 is an example, 8 lines to 3 outputs.

Bob

3. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    Or 74hc147, a 10 to 4 outputs priority encoder. Only the most significant input will be decoded at any time.

4. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Your question is very vague. A multiplexer combines multiple inputs onto a single output; a demultiplexer reverses this process.

How many inputs and how many outputs do you have? Do you know how to control the mux/demux? Are the signals analogue or digital? What power supply voltage(s) do you have?

Check out the devices BobK and gorgon have recommended. There are also several members of the CMOS CD4000 series that use bilateral switches; these can be used as multiplexers or demultiplexers depending on how they're connected, and they can handle analogue signals as well as digital. Some of these are also available as 74HC40xx devices.

Ask a Question