Connect with us

Internet schematic OK

Discussion in 'Power Electronics' started by tedstruk, Jun 3, 2018.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    I wondered if you could look at this and tell me if itsOK or if it would be a failed build?
    low dropout solar charge controller.JPG

2. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    It helps when discussing circuit schematics to have ALL the components labeled. For example, R1, R2, ... Q1, Q2, ... D1, D2, ... etc. like that. Your hand-drawn circuit with the 1N4148 diode, 1 kΩ resistor, and unidentified NPN transistor doesn't look right. What is this part of the circuit supposed to accomplish? Where did you find this circuit diagram, or did you scheme this up yourself? Have you built this yet? If so, what were the results?

3. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir Tedstruck . . . . .

With " the rest of the story ". . . .and using with an 80-100 watt panel . . .and don't "over expect", even with that.
    It certainly seems so.

upload_2018-6-3_5-0-35.png

73's de Edd

4. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Thanks, @73's de Edd. Looks like it might have a chance of working... how do you find this stuff, and so quickly too?

5. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    If you bung the schematic 'title' into Google image search it's the first one that comes up!

6. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Ah! I keep forgetting Google can search images...

7. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Beats me why @tedstruk bothered to hand-draw the schematic when he could have posted a link to it!

8. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    According to his information page, he is retired and disabled. Perhaps hand-drawn schematics is one form of therapy for him, just like picking up electronics again after age 9 and his frightening experience when
    Static balls are no fun to play with, what with all the hissing and sizzle and erratic motions reported to occur with such phenomenon. Perhaps "getting back on the horse that threw him" is also a form of therapy.

9. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    good good now the tuff stuff....!!
    there are no dinosaurs in an amp right, and if your solar panels decide to poop out when the sun goes down, you can still use the trickle energy to create signal ... so I decided to throw this one together so I don't look like an internet theif. I remember something about not enough power is worse than too much, but the panels only put out about 1.6v in a window lit room, The .16v is an arbitrary "at night with no moon" number I got out of the 1.6 with the decimal moved one point to the left...and this way I am supposed to remember the right hand rule...!!!(so far so good! lowvolt.jpg )

10. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    Now I remember why they said it wouldn't work. They said all the components that are made, are made to handle signal... there are no transistors, capacitors or resistors that are designed to do this kind of work. They said If I had a source, I would be ok... well aren't solar panels a source?

11. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    @tedstruk can you tell us what you're trying to do.

Your circuit 2 posts above looks like nonsense.

Are you trying to charge a lead acid battery from a solar panel?

Ask a Question