Connect with us

interfacing the VB with arduino

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by tedstruk, Jun 16, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. tedstruk

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
    What are my best choices for VB to arduino tutorials ?

2. turbogt16v

turbogt16v

Mar 27, 2015
    Audrino forum

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Are you planning to drink the VB?

I assume you mean Victoria Bitter. I would not recommend putting it on the Arduino. In fact I wouldn't even recommend drinking it.

I'm almost 100% certain your not talking about visual basic.

So what do you mean by VB if it's not your beer of choice?

4. Irv

Irv

Jun 7, 2017
    Let's assume (dangerous idea, I know) that you're talking about Visual Basic (another dangerous idea)

What, exactly, do you want to do with Arduino and Visual Basic, and why do you think that those are the best choices for doing whatever it is you want to do?

If those are in fact, the best for the job, have you had any luck Googling the answer?

5. Doug3004

Doug3004

Sep 5, 2014
    OP needs to reply if he really means using Visual Basic, or something else... ?
    Also this is a micro-controller question probably.

There's nothing wrong with using Visual Basic IMO, it's at least as permanent as Microsoft is.
    Visual Studio is one of the best IDEs around, and it's currently free for personal use.

Googling for Visual Basic help isn't always useful since there's still a lot of pages talking about how to use past versions all the way back to VB6, and referring to depreciated syntax, discontinued libraries, discontinued components or IDE options that no longer exist.

I may write up a page on this since I've seen it asked elsewhere recently, and I haven't been able to find any relatively-current pages that explain the whole thing.

Ask a Question