Connect with us

Install an aux input into a stereo?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by akida, Dec 16, 2012.

1. akida

akida

Oct 4, 2012
    Hey guys!

First up, I have done a few hours reseach into this but I couldn't find anything specific enough to help me out. If you guys know of any threads that would give me the information I am after, I would appreciate the link.

So I have a JVC RV-NB50. I would like to go down the easiest path of the two avaliable to me.

Path 1: The unit has an iPod dock. I have purchased an iPod female to 3.5mm male cable but the unit says "No Ipod" when it is connected. Is there a way to make the unit think there is an iPod connected? I read something about shorting the data pins but I'm not sure at all.

Path 2: Wire in a 3.5mm cable to the cd player audio channels. I did try this but I couldn't decifer the wire identifications. I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me identify these wires at the connector.

I also tried to wire into the "aux" pins on the board but I couldnt get any sound from my source on the avaliable modes.

I have attached a photo of the labels for the connection from the cd player to main board, from the iPod dock to the main board, and of the name plate for good measure. I also have a photo (probably not clear enough for use) of the overall board and wider shots of the connectors if needed.

So this is the cd connector. I dont know what most of these are for, esp the a - f.
    Cd Connector.jpg

This is the iPod dock connection, the audio looks straight forward but the trick is in getting the stereo to play the audio.
    iPod connector.jpg

And of course the name plate so there is no misunderstanding.
    Name plate.jpg

Thanks for the help guys.

Ask a Question