Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Input on a DIY build

Tay Nix

Apr 16, 2017
I need some input on a DIY "sensor simulator" without using a microcontroller. I will use a microcontroller if necessary, but I'd rather not. I need to be able to have an input signal that varies, and have the board determine if it's between 3 parameter sets and then send out an output signal based on it's determination of the input. This might be super simple...or super complicated. I don't know enough about circuits to gauge it. If anyone can give any input or ideas...it would be greatly appreciated!

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Depends what medium you have in mind. There are gazillions to pick from and we cannot guess. As they say crystal ball and all that.

Tay Nix

Apr 16, 2017
Depends what medium you have in mind. There are gazillions to pick from and we cannot guess. As they say crystal ball and all that.

I'd like to use a universal board with resistors and such

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Tell us what the sensor is, and we might be able to figure out how to simulate it.

But I'm not sure you actually want to simulate a sensor. Maybe you actually want to do something with the output of a sensor?

If the post of your description that states you want to identify three voltage ranges is accurate, then one solution might be three window comparators (google that). Each window comparator requires a pair of comparators. It can't be done with just resistors.

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
I need some input on a DIY "sensor simulator" without using a microcontroller. I will use a microcontroller if necessary, but I'd rather not. I need to be able to have an input signal that varies, and have the board determine if it's between 3 parameter sets and then send out an output signal based on it's determination of the input. This might be super simple...or super complicated. I don't know enough about circuits to gauge it. If anyone can give any input or ideas...it would be greatly appreciated!

Lets get more specific here. You want a variable voltage you can manually adjust, over what range? And you want three outputs that w\indicate when the voltage is at some certain level? What levels? Light an LED? To indicate when a voltage is within a certain range (between x and y), or just at a certain level? So far we have a potentiometer and three window comparators.

Last edited: