Connect with us

Infrared Obstacle Detection

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by techguy227, Jun 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. techguy227

techguy227

Jun 4, 2013
    So I recently built an obstacle detection circuit similar to the on shown here, at http://letsmakerobots.com/node/2907
    However, I could not think of a way to control the servo. I do not think I can ground both leads and also attatch both leads to the phototranistors so it is reversible. What is the cheapest way to do this?

2. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    Firstly, the author is not driving a servo directly from any of the circuit variations shown. The output of all of his circuits feed the ADC input of a Picaxe. Secondly, servos aren't reversed by reversing their polarity.

http://www.servocity.com/html/how_do_servos_work_.html

Chris

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    I have no idea what you are asking. The link you give is for an obstacle detector that outputs an analog signal to be read by a microcontroller. It has nothing to do with a servo.

Bob

4. techguy227

techguy227

Jun 4, 2013
    Sorry for the confusion

Yes, I was just showing how the analog setup worked, not the output.

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Okay then, what do you want to do with it?
    Bob

6. techguy227

techguy227

Jun 4, 2013
    Infrared Tracker

I want to be able to control a servo's movement so that it follows the closest object using an inexpensive setup. What is the best way to do this?

Ask a Question