Connect with us

Info on NEC 780058291

Discussion in 'Beginner Electronics' started by [email protected], Mar 13, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest


    Can anyone please help me in finding info on a chip. The code written
    on it is :


    I tried searching on yahoo, google, and NEC's site with no luck.

    Anyhelp will be welcome.

    Thanks in advance, guys.
  2. loedown

    loedown Guest

    What equipment is it in, how many legs does it have, what package type is

  3. Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for your reply.
    it is on a JVC disc changer CH-X450.
    It has 18 legs on each side (square chip).

    Sorry for the lack of info, cause I'm not an electronic guy.. :) Just
    someone asked me to search on the internet for this chip.

  4. loedown

    loedown Guest

    Ok, that's referred to as a QFP, or Quad Flat Pack, if it has short legs, ie
    1.5 - 2.0 mm long, if they are about 3.0 - 4.0 or so mm, then that's called
    Gull Wing

    You want to know what it does, because it's damaged?

    If it is, it is probably the controller IC, or stream decoder IC

    Best place to find one, is hassle all your local electronics shops for a
    scrap unit, or JVC for the part.

  5. Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Yes, it is damaged. I was asked to find out if we can get it on the
    internet, because we couldn't find it on the local shops. I live in
    Jakarta, Indonesia btw.

    So if you know any site where I can order chips like that, that'll be
    very helpful. Just realized how silly I am for not putting this
    question on my previoys posts. doh...

    Anyway.. it's been a lot of help.

    Thanks again Paul.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day