Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Infinite Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharshi.pandya

Aug 31, 2018
Hello Everyone

Recently I just became a familiar with infinite control switch, I read it's manual and I found that it can operate up to 15 Amp. so if I want to use it for 30 Amp is there any available option. Moreover I did one solution I can use two infinite switch with one shaft just putting them back to back and customize their shaft. I am not sure it will work or nt. but I haven't check yet. is there anybody has any different idea please share it. that will really helpful for me. thanks

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
No. The switch is bi-metallic and uses the heat from the current flow to open/close the contacts. In THEORY you could parallel them but unless they switched at IDENTICAL times one switch will end up carry all the current and be damaged.

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
Why not just not only parrallell them electrically, but also physically (if close and enough space around)?

This would be a good practice in Blender - but I'm not there yet.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Physical distance between the contacts wouldn't make any difference. It's the contacts themselves that heat up (via the current flow) so they don't require to be 'touching' (or even near to each other).

Status
Not open for further replies.