Connect with us

Industrial switches project

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by abador, Jun 19, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. abador

abador

Jun 19, 2016
    I recently got some industrial switches from a garage sale and it has really sparked my nerdy side. I have taken some college courses in electricity so I know a bit about safety and general theory. I plan to make a box that has many buttons that do various things. I have not thought about all the functions as of yet but I have thought about one in particular which I am hoping you guys can help me with. I plan to have one button that will go to a car horn as kind of an experiment/prank. I want to have a relay that will turn the horn on then keep the circuit closed until another button is pressed which will reset the circuit and turn the horn off. I have thought about putting a high value capacitor in parallel with the coil inorder to hold it open till the second button is pressed to short out the capaciter which in theory will reset the circuit. Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea? Will it work and do I need to make it more complex?

2. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Look at a basic "start-stop circuit using relays and latching connections".

3. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
  4. CDRIVE

CDRIVE Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3

May 8, 2012
    A capacitor is not used as the basis for latching relay circuits or solid state equivalents.

Chris

Ask a Question