Connect with us


Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by biferi, Dec 26, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. biferi


    Oct 12, 2016
    I am in School to be an Electronics Repair Tech.
    I just had all about Capacitors and now I am getting into Inductors.

    There are a few Inductors I do not know what they are for.

    if you take no Form or Tube or anything and just wrap a wire around and around so the Loops are right next to one another.

    I know how the Electromagnetic Field cuts across each Loop making the Field bigger and bigger.

    But what FREQ. is this type of Inductor used at?
    And what AWG is used for this kind of Inductor?
    And what is the type of Inductor used for?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
  2. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    depends on how many turns on the inductor, what size wire and diameter of the turns
    all that equals ... what is the inductors inductance.
    In general, the smaller the inductance value, the higher the frequency it will be used for

    depends on how much current it's likely to need to handle
    an inductor in a very high power transmitter may use 1/2 inch diameter copper tube

    any circuit that requires an inductor of that particular value
    (*steve*) and hevans1944 like this.
  3. davenn

    davenn Moderator

    Sep 5, 2009
    ohhh and I forgot to mention
    you get a resonant frequency when you have a capacitor in parallel with an inductor
    and here is how you work out that frequency .....
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day