Connect with us

inductor

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by vasantanwari, Jul 13, 2011.

1. vasantanwari

vasantanwari

Jul 13, 2011
    hi

i m designing the boost dc dc converter , help me out for designing the inductor for converter.

thank u

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    You need to look at the datasheet for the controller you plan to use and it will have formulae or recommendations.

If you're building something from discrete parts then it gets harder.

3. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    There are several ways of making a step up dc voltage converter. the simplest is a push-pull transformer, driven just fast enough to prevent saturation. A mains transformer with metal laminations can be used or a ferrite core at higher frequencies.

If you wish to go to the single ended type of converter where the energy is stored in the core and then dumped in the output, then things are much more complicated and I have spent some months, on and off, playing with such a circuit.
    You could try reading "Power Supply Handbook" by John Fielding ZS5JF (ARRL or RSGB) ISBN 1-905086-21-0 EAN 9781-9050-8621-4 as an introduction.

Ask a Question