Connect with us


Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by Stefano, Jul 15, 2003.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Stefano

    Stefano Guest

    On the schematic symbol of some inductors there is a point on one of the 2

    What is the meaning of this point? the inductor is polarized?

  2. Generally it is done when the inductor is coupled to another inductor, that
    is, a transformer. It refers to the relative polarization of the two coils.
  3. Fred Abse

    Fred Abse Guest

    Usually called "start" (as opposed to "finish"), in winding parlance
  4. Did someone mention that it's the starting point of the winding?

    @@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@,@@[email protected]@[email protected],@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@
    ###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
    My email address is whitelisted. *All* email sent to it
    goes directly to the trash unless you add NOSPAM in the
    Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 <at>
    Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
    that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half). You'll be glad you did!
    Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
    changed it:
    @@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@@
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day