Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Induction hubs keeps blowing out fuse

Enma

Jun 16, 2019
Hello, I have no idea about this kind of thing so hopefully somebody here will be able to help me.

We used to have induction hub from other company, after using it for a couple of months after cooking ended it blew out a fuse and half of it stopped working. We bought used Ariston Hotpoint I think CIA641CS and after a month of using it today after cooking I turned it off and went to the other room. The fuses in the entire house were blown out again and now the induction won't work at all, its like it isn't even plugged in.

I would like to inquire about the possible causes of that? Does the induction have wrong parameters for or house or something?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Without a lot more information, impossible to say.

Any explanation is not going to help you though as you obviously have very little electrical knowledge and it would really be a waste of time explaining.

Enma

Jun 16, 2019
Could you at least give me any tips if possible? Or possible causes? Since it already happend twice I am cautious about wasting money on another one.

Enma

Jun 16, 2019
Especially since they work fine for a month or two so I dont know when they will suddenly stop.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
As @Bluejets already explained. Without much more information, it’s impossible to say. But obviously the cooker/hob is clearly requiring a higher amperage circuit.
Some hobs can be plugged into 13A sockets (UK). Others require a seperate circuit solely for the cooker/hob combination. You cannot go and buy a cooker or electric hob and ‘just’ plug it in.
You need to know the amperage required for a given appliance. Which in some cases is a seperate circuit.
I think an electrician is required here rather than an electronics forum. The circuit breakers tripped for a reason.

Martin

Enma

Jun 16, 2019
Thank you! We are using used induction originally bought in Poland and we are in NL. My father used to do electricity but not inductions and he bought new induction with the same parametres as the old one had and installed it. I was wondering about the circuit but I thought it wouldn't work or cause problems right away, not after a couple of months. I will make sure to mention to check the amperage then, I thought he did it tho.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
ok, also a hob has 2, 4 or 6 six elements. If one or two are used for weeks it might be fine on a lower amperage circuit. If once a month you use all elements, you overload the circuit.

Martin

Enma

Jun 16, 2019
We have 4 however I used only one today, but on 9 and right after I finished cooking I turned on the kettle. Thank you so much, Its a new house so we are a bit clueless and thought the old inductions parameters were fine somce it was working for a while. I will make sure to check if the power output is enough. Thank you so much !

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Take the advice given and consult a LOCAL qualified electrician who would have the knowledge of local rulings and requirements.

Would be best before you do some real damage to either property or persons adjacent or at worst, burn the house down.