Maker Pro
Maker Pro

INDIA+ POWER GRID

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Well . . . .its usually Dave that gets there first and closes these types of topics .

https://www.electronicspoint.com/threads/transformer-question.289630/#post-1775377

Therefore. . . I continue with what I wanted to add on . . .here.

Everytime I think of India and electrical power, my mind reverts to a past PBS video of that topic.
Here is just a clip of it . . .but you can get the idea.
It's in HD . . . . . . . .which in this case is H-IGHLY D-ANGEROUS

Hmmmmmmmmmm . . . .now . . . .lets see how that transformer goes into the mix . . .and which wire is which ?

73's de Edd

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Reminds me of our dear old Prince Phillip - that part-time casual racist - who once looked disparagingly at some electrical installation and said:

"Looks like it was wired by an Indian......"

He must have inside information :D

But when it comes to the closed thread - the transformer is only a 3:1 step up/down - maybe the OP was going to use it for something other than the 11kV application!

Would make a great welding transformer - 240V to 80V and a big-ass rectifier!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
@73's de Edd

for the record … I didn't closed it,
the site admin did and he banned the user

there were things about that user that you and the other general population of EP are/were unaware of

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
there were things about that user that you and the other general population of EP are/were unaware of

Yep, this member keeps coming back under different guises - many times per week! He wasn't banned for the question, he was banned because he posts nonsense prolifically without any effort, even after warnings - it's been going on for months :(.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Thank you, @Ian. Glad to see you are on top of this problem. This forum seems to attract a lot of posters, many with poor English language skills, who know little or nothing about electricity or electronics. This isn't an educational forum, per se, but rather an electronics discussion forum. It seems to me that a prerequisite to participate here is at least some familiarity with electronics and basic English language skills. But it is obvious from some of the postings that the posters don't have a clue.

A pet peeve of mine is posters who PM me with questions that should be asked in open forums. That's what Electronics Point is for. I typically only respond to a PM message from someone I already know and have a prior history of private communication, either here via the PM conversation mechanism, or via e-mail, or via snail-mail, or via one-on-one telephone or in-person conversation. Sure, it's easy enough to ignore those PM conversation requests, but maybe somewhere on the site there should be some etiquette guidelines on how to use the PM feature. Or am I missing something here?

OBW0549

Jul 5, 2016
Yep, this member keeps coming back under different guises - many times per week! He wasn't banned for the question, he was banned because he posts nonsense prolifically without any effort, even after warnings - it's been going on for months :(.
The same thing has been happening over on AAC; RK keeps re-registering under new user names, posting the same kind of inane nonsense, getting banned or having his threads closed or deleted, and so forth, several times a week. And it's been going on for months. Nothing seems to deter the little pest.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Perhaps the forum could reject PM's from anyone with less than a specific number of posts?

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
A pet peeve of mine is posters who PM me with questions that should be asked in open forums. That's what Electronics Point is for.

Perhaps the forum could reject PM's from anyone with less than a specific number of posts?

Yep, it's not ideal when members post questions via PM rather than on the forum. I get this sometimes, but refer the member to the help page or forum section and ask them to post there. I think it's normally because a member is new to forums and isn't sure how they work, although there are exceptions!

We did use to have a rule where it required >10 posts to PM anyone other than an admin/mod, but this raised as many problems as it solved, as there are often legitimate reasons to PM. I think it's easier to ignore a PM (or direct to the help page), than to place limits and work around the problems that creates. So unless it really is getting out of hand (perhaps you're getting them more often than I imagine), I think on balance this is probably the least worst option. If it is getting bad, please do let me know and I will have to look in to placing limits or figure out a way to give more control.

The same thing has been happening over on AAC; RK keeps re-registering under new user names, posting the same kind of inane nonsense, getting banned or having his threads closed or deleted, and so forth, several times a week. And it's been going on for months. Nothing seems to deter the little pest.

That's interesting to know - It look like he's just bouncing round anywhere he can post! As soon as anyone spots him, please do let us know via the "report" button and I'll check it out to confirm (there are a few tell-tale signs we can see behind the scenes to double check).

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
He's even been trolling the Siemens PLC and switchgear support people lately. Why can't he just make his LED signs in peace?

OBW0549

Jul 5, 2016
He's even been trolling the Siemens PLC and switchgear support people lately. Why can't he just make his LED signs in peace?
He's tried electro-tech-online, too. Was a major annoyance there for a while, but they eventually got rid of him (I think).

As for why he does what he does, I think you'd need to ask a psychiatrist for that answer; certainly, there's some major dysfunction going on.