Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Inconsistent problem with LCD display

Mase

Mar 22, 2011
The problem I am having is on an effects processor for musical applications. There is a small LCD screen (specifically, a Futaba 16SY11GK) I thought that the display needed to be replaced but I hesitate because I have noticed that some of the letters wont light up, but then if I switch to another setting, the same leg of a letter will decide to work. For example, if the display says "REVERB", the middle leg of the first "R" will not show up, but then I change it to "ROOM" and the middle leg of the "R" is displayed, but then other parts of the word will not light up. Perhaps the display screen itself is not the problem? If anyone can chime in, that would be great. Thank you.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yes it could well be the processor providing the data to the screen.

Dave

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I agree, could very well not be the screen itself. The processor, or the display driver circuit to the screen.
One thing I've noticed from gear from musicians, is a propensity for the circuitry in their gear to suffer from operator lifestyle.
A lot of smoking going on where the equipment is? Anybody spill any drinks on it?
Only you know for sure. Is it possible the circuit inside the equipment was contaminated
by something? Do you need to open it up, and clean the circuit board?
Just something to think about.
If the gear is clean, I'd still think processor or display driver.