Maker Pro
Maker Pro

improving cellphone signal strength

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
hi All!!! I am currently in a very remote area and here cellphone signal sucks!! I am thinking of building a small 5-10 watt amplifier for myself for improving the signal. the signal is good outdoors but indoors it is worst. any helps please? i am new to the communication side. i have a fair idea of amplifier classes, basic electronics and microcontrollers.

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
you know you can buy cell phone amplifiers? If you look you can probably even pick a used one up and save on initial cost.

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
yes the cellphone amplifiers are available, but i am enthusiastic to build my own circuits and learning telecommunication electronics, this could also serve as my project for the course. moreover the amplifiers are too costly in the indian currency to be bought. can I modify FM dixing circuits for this purpose?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yes the cellphone amplifiers are available, but i am enthusiastic to build my own circuits and learning telecommunication electronics, this could also serve as my project for the course. moreover the amplifiers are too costly in the indian currency to be bought. can I modify FM dixing circuits for this purpose?

hmmmm I had a huge reply posted to you its not here

ohhh i remember I answered you in that other forum. Did you read it ?
I suspect you really dont have any idea how complex a project like this would be ??

Dave

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
hmmmm I had a huge reply posted to you its not here

ohhh i remember I answered you in that other forum. Did you read it ?
I suspect you really dont have any idea how complex a project like this would be ??

Dave

yes Dave yo are Right I absolutely no idea about it, but this is intersting me. I thought I could just synthesize the frequency and amplify it. But I think this wont be enough. can you guide me the basics? if once I get the basics, I can design the circuit and do some programing also. Please give me a start!!!

Thank you.

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Radio frequency circuits are very complex and difficult to build. If you want to learn, you could buy a ARRL Handbook. The first cell phones were built by amateurs. I can remember when hams had 2 meter radios and repeaters, way before cell phones came out.
American Radio Relay League

roltex_rohit123

Oct 12, 2009
Bidirectional Cellular GSM amplifier (cellphone signal booster)

I am trying to build a cellular repeater. I searched on the internet about this and found out that poweramplifiers are used in it. I saw some products for the purpose and need guidance to complete this project.
I need to understand that what is a bidirectional repeater? why is it necessary. is there a necessity for some sort of connection (or isolation) between the incoming an outgoing circuit?

I have searched for a few components
BFG410W
BGA416
MAX2235
BFP650
MAX2056
MAX2057( both these 56 and 57 products for all band amplification)

New part search are welcome.

Kindly guide me how can I go on with this project. is there any software to simulate this project?

Thank you.