Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Improvements and Suggestions

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
In a few weeks time I am going to go through ElectronicsPoint.com and work on improving the site. If you've got any suggestions or thoughts that you'd like implemented on the site then do let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
I should also mention, if you have ideas for any new forum sections please let me know that too :)

rushi53

Aug 19, 2009
Suggestion:
need more forums/subforums
like under "microcontroller programming" u can add 8051, AVR, PIC...
so that the topics are properly sorted...
:)

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion Rushikesh. Once the forums start to get busier I will expand the sections, but for now they aren't busy enough to support lots of sub-sections. :)

netshark

Nov 29, 2009
I'd find useful If I could select whetever or not to use the "rich text editor" which converts the image thumbnails directly into viewable images rather than the plain code.

;)

chagz

Jan 4, 2010
Suggestion

I think it would be more convinient if a notification is sent to a thread starters email adress when it is replied

JotterJack

Mar 17, 2010
Possibly there could be a meet and greet thread, where brand new people could get that pesky first post needed to start threads out of the way? :D

But since it's just one post I suppose I can find a way to bare it.

Also, Hi Everyone.

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Possibly there could be a meet and greet thread, where brand new people could get that pesky first post needed to start threads out of the way? :D

But since it's just one post I suppose I can find a way to bare it.

Also, Hi Everyone.

Welcome to the forums :)

Ah, the first post needed before images and links are enabled? I've just removed that limitation now, as that was in place to stop automated spammers from posting links. 99% of users don't have links or images in their first post, so it worked well most of the time - but I can see how it could be annoying. Let's see how this works and if the spam filter catches most spammers still :).

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Let's see how this works and if the spam filter catches most spammers still :).

We've had some pretty nasty spam get through, so I've had to re-enable the filter unfortunately. Perhaps a welcome thread is a better solution :)

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
Would be nice if links were allowed in the first post :)
It would be nice if people read and understood the couple of posts above theirs before posting.

Edited to add: Never mind. This is a spammer complaining that the site makes it hard to spam. Figures!

---55p

Last edited:

webman

Apr 18, 2010
The sub forums is definitely a good idea, even if they aren't as populated it will separate some searching or confusion
descrambler guy

Last edited by a moderator:

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
I know there have been no new posts in this section for a while, but i would like to see a section link on the main page list of other members projects either compleated or process progress on projects, pictures and descriptions. I know pic's can be posted in any topic area, but a dedicated project picture section, there is already one for other than electronic pic's, but a second pic's section on members projects, i would enjoy seeing others work, in progress or finished item.

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
A project log section is an interesting idea - is this something that others would be interested in seeing too?

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi Ian.
I am glad you think so as well, i would think other members would enjoy seeing each others works and projects, i am a bit redundant on the projects thing at the minute but would really like to see others projects.
Just a thought and suggestion.
:)

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sounds like an interesting idea to me. (so that's two votes)
I've got another idea I've been wondering about:
I've run across people with cross references that are very helpful.
The 'User Contributed Articles' section doesn't seem to fit (if it does, please let me know).
I was wondering if it would be possible to enter some of these cross references into
a category on this site. When I or anyone else asks about a particular cross for a part, we could be referred to that section, where the cross-ref's are stored.
Just a thought from somebody who's seen people mention cross-refs they've found,
and then a few months later I wished I remembered where they were at.

Last edited:

MattyMatt

Mar 24, 2011
I'd agree with Dave, I know that I would love to see a projects log section... with that being said, if one does get created, Could I have you move a post of mine :) ?

I also agree with shrtrnd's post as well a nice place for cross references would be really handy. I know I could contribute a little bit in there.

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Thanks for the feedback, folks!

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here :)o) - but I'm not sure I understand what the cross-ref's section is? Could you explain it a little more please and then I'll see what can be done :).

I'll chat to the other mods about the Project Log and see what they think too - if it get's a thumbs up then I'll launch it in the coming days :D.