Connect with us

I'm fairly new to electronics, but have some idea,BUT how do these work?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Mark Simms, Apr 6, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mark Simms

Mark Simms

Apr 6, 2016
    I know I'm asking noobie questions I should already know, but without a teacher I'm in need of correct answers. Ive looked at a few single transistor radio circuits and they all seem to have a tank circuit feeding the collector of an NPN transistor, with a capacitor to bypass the transistor collector emitter altogether, I'm assuming this is the tuner, but how does it work, can DC voltage and AC voltage both exist while the tank circuit has DC voltage applied to it?

also how do you demodulate FM, I can see a diode in an AM circuit just cuts it in half, but hows FM or SW demodulated?

I know I'm asking about radio, its just my current line of learning.

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    If you look up modulation in Wikipedia, it will tell you how AM, SSB and FM are demodulated.
    SW is a description of the carrier frequency and does not specify the type of modulstion.

3. Mark Simms

Mark Simms

Apr 6, 2016
    thanks duke, I'm looking now.

Ask a Question