Connect with us

I'm Chris

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Christopher Salazar, Apr 14, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Christopher Salazar

Christopher Salazar

Apr 14, 2015
    Like i said, my names chris, im 16 years old, currently a junior in high school and have a passion for electronics.
    I have always liked to build things. (Working on a car right now). I've built RC Boats, my own flashlight, a fan and other stuff. I recently have been trying to learn more in depth about circuits in electronics, with capacitors , resistors, transistors, ect but i cant really get a grasp on it for some reason. Like i dont understand why people use a resistor in a circuit where they do, same for capacitors, diodes , ect. I figured i could learn more if i joined these forums. So if anyone could help me learn that would be awesome. I plan to go into electrical engineering in college. There is one more question I have to ask. I really did not do so great in algebra 1 and geomtetry. I got a c in algebra 1 and a B in geometry. I have an A In algebra 2. Will college calculus kill me on my way to an engineering degree? I really hope I can learn alot here. Hope to talk to you all soon.

2. ADRT

ADRT

Nov 25, 2014
    Hello and welcome to the forum. Your definitely in the right place. Take time to read the other threads that others post and follow them. You will learn a lot. Ask questions and be patient. Someone will point you in the right direction.

3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there Chris
    welcome to Electronics Point :)

Dave

4. Viktory2k1

Viktory2k1

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi.
    I just bjoind also for the same reasons except not going to school and I know a little, very little. I think we'll get a basic grasp on this and make some really neat projects. I am in the middle of making a virtual pinball machine and neeed help making the control boards for the toys, let me rephrase, I have the control boards but 1 only puts out 20ma per channel (64 channel) and the other puts out 500ma per channel. I am basically broke due to a work injury 17 years ago and can't work. This may change soon as I had a MRI of my spine Monday and should get results today(I can't sleep due to pain and anxious for results). Lets Build something!

Ask a Question