Connect with us

Illuminated push to make switches

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Marsh Lane, Jun 7, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Marsh Lane

Marsh Lane

May 27, 2017
    Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can give me some help. For a model railway project, I'm trying to acquire some perspex style push-to-make switches - in the same style as the ones pictured here (http://www.hall-royd-junction.co.uk/images/Preston_Panel_IMG_0181.JPG) but I'm drawing a blank everywhere.

At most they only need to handle 6-12v, but ideally need to be illuminated separately to the push-button function. I can find some switches that match the latter, but they are either vastly bigger, or in a different style. Im looked through loads of catalogues and electronics sites and keep drawing a blank.

Im hoping somebody may be able to point me in the right direction? Failing that, can anyone suggest any independently illuminated push-to-make switches that are a similar size?

Quite happy to buy from the Far East if necessary, timescales are not an issue.

Cheers
    Rich

2. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Can you indicate on the photo what "switch" you are talking about?

Ken

3. Marsh Lane

Marsh Lane

May 27, 2017
    Hello Ken,
    Sorry, yes I should have realised it was a bit confusing, sorry. Its these...

Preston_Panel_IMG_0181.JPG

Edit, I'm not too concerned about the 'A' letter or the arrows, as there are always ways of adding those later.

Cheers
    Richard

4. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014

Attached Files:

5. Marsh Lane

Marsh Lane

May 27, 2017
    Hi,
    Yes there are, but they don't have the perspex stalk on the button like the ones in the picture. That's what I'm trying to find.

Rich

6. Bluejets

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
    Perhaps a better photo of what you are after would help.
    What I could see was "push to make and illuminated perspex type"

davenn likes this.
  7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

agreed

8. Marsh Lane

Marsh Lane

May 27, 2017
    Hi,
    It is somewhat difficult to obtain a clear photograph of these things, given that the real life usage of these things are in a private, non-public place, and being conscious of image copyright restrictions.

However, perhaps the two pictures on this webpage (https://www.simsig.co.uk/Wiki/Show?page=simulations:royston:roystontutor) show the buttons clearer.

Rich

9. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well if you take the photo, then it is yours to share as you want

10. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Have you considering asking them about what switches thy used?

Ken

11. Marsh Lane

Marsh Lane

May 27, 2017
    Hi Ken, I have but the company concerned is a major UK organisation employing thousands and are not particularly interested! I've tried through a couple of people that I know, but nobody seems to know what the name of switches are, having said that however, its not their actual area.

Irv, thanks - thats something like yes, and it looks like they do a clear one. Im UK based but I'll dig deeper on that one to see if they have anything else or a UK distributor - thank you!

Davenn - yes I agree if I take a photo I can share as I wish - the problem is I don't have any photos of this. Its a uk railway signal box, operated by a company called Network Rail, so all I can go off is images shared on the web, and those in books. If I had some close up images of my own, it would be a lot easier to describe!

Cheers
    Rich

Ask a Question