Connect with us

Identifying a couple of components

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by (*steve*), Jun 20, 2011.

1. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    (1) The first one is a mosfet. It is in a TO-252 package. It appears to be an N channel mosfet. The markings on the case are:

12N6LE
    95 09
    *H C

the * represents the logo of Harris (now Intersil)

The closest part number I can find is RFD12N06RLE, which seems to fit.

Does that seem right?

(2) This is a TSOP-16 labelled

CM555B
    *59KG4
    F87K

Where the * represents the TI logo. I'm pretty sure it's not a 555 :)

(3) SO-8 package, labelled:

GS4981
    4093*

The * in this case is an uppercase G in a square with rounded corners. The symbol takes up 2 lines (2nd and 3rd line)

(4) Looks like a TSOP-48. marked:

*88AVFEKG4
    LN2244A

The * is a TI symbol.

edit: I'm now guessing it's some form of 74FCT162244A

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    No answers, but some trivia.
    What I read is that both Harris and Fairchild made the 12N6LE.
    The RFD12N06RLE is made by Fairchild. I don't know why they would give the same
    part, two different markings (unless some type of minor difference). So I would THINK
    they're not the same part.
    On the TI LN244A, I keep coming up with equivalent as SN74LVCH162244AVR.
    I can only speculate on the other two parts, can't find any good data on them.
    Good luck.

3. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I can't give any examples off the top of my head right now, but I've seen cases before where the marking on the device was slightly different to the actual part number. As I recall the previous case I found was also a missing leading zero in some sub field of the part number.

In the latter case, I could always check the functionality of the chip. That would tell me if I've got the correct basic device.

These are some parts in my "mystery box". I occasionally pull a few out and try again to identify them. Sometimes I end up wondering at my own incompetence when they have well known abbreviations on them (e.g. 2Sxnnn(n) style devices)

4. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    I've seen what you've seen (like a missing leading zero) when the same device is made
    by two different manufacturers. Which is exactly what we're talking about here (Harris and
    Fairchild making the same device).
    The manufacturers have their own annoying identifiers in the part numbers, to ID specific
    parameters they want to specify; that other manufacturers don't put in the markings.
    I suppose the RFD12N06RLE could functionally be the same as 12N6LE, but I'd be
    wary of the other identifiers in the part number (maybe unnecessarily), because I often
    find parts with close markings, that don't cut it, when used in different temperature
    ranges, or circuit tolerances.
    So, I admit it, the part might work.
    My 'mystery box' of parts, is more like a 'cabinet full' of unknown parts.
    MY biggest issues, are the 'flash-in-the-pan' start-up companies, that made a big splash
    with some new product line, that was used by companies in products for a couple years,
    right before the manufactuer folded. Try finding data from those long-dead companies.
    Then there's the fad products from the big companies. They came-up with some new
    device, marketed the hell out of it, so it got into product lines, then they stopped making
    the part, cause they came-up with a new fad product to market.
    Remember 'Fred-FETs'?
    Yeah, I do the same thing, pull out a series of parts I can't identify from time to time,
    and ask about them here, to see if somebody recognized them.
    Don't feel bad about the clearly marked parts you can't identify. On short-run parts,
    the literature never really left the manufacturer's engineering department, if they stopped
    making the part soon after they began making it.
    Once in a while, I forget my own advice, and call Fairchild about an old part.
    They sold themselves twice that I know of. Nobody originally from Fairchild works there
    anymore, and the last part I asked about, was older than anybody I talked to, that
    works there now.
    They thought I was joking, when I asked for information about the part.

5. Treep

Treep

May 10, 2011
  6. Treep

Treep

May 10, 2011
    Shrtrnd,
    These are not equivalents, but rather, LN2244A is what is printed on the SN74LVCH162244AVR device due to size/space restrictions.

The data sheet is the second one on this page:
    http://www.datasheetarchive.com/ln2244a*-datasheet.html

At the bottom of page one is the table with Ordering Information. It shows the various part numbers that differentiate between available packages and their corresponding markings.

Hope this helps.
    Treep

7. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Unfortunately I can't see what you've found. And it looks like the registration that site requires isn't going to work for me.

If you can get some information from there (and maybe a datasheet) that would be great.

8. Treep

Treep

May 10, 2011
  9. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Thanks a lot. That one worked. One less unidentified chip.

Although I don't think I'll have much use for it :)

10. Treep

Treep

May 10, 2011
    Glad I could help!!

Bring them on...I LOVE to search!!!

11. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    If you have any useful techniques, please post a message in the sticky thread. :)

Ask a Question