what are the markings on it ?

And please DONT create multiple threads on the same topic
I have deleted the other thread

Dave

Last edited:

New

Jan 19, 2014
A bit bigger

Sorry about that realised the fix section wasn't what i needed and i would be better off asking about specific component.

The markings look like they where scratched off in factory judging by the light patches on the top

All photos are taken with phone and i couldn't focus it closer on the board so i've just zoomed in on the image seems to have remained clear

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK

I cant read any markings on the IC, can you ?

New

Jan 19, 2014
No as far as i can tell they have been removed it is an xbox so wouldn't surprise me if microsoft done this on purpose!

But unless my eyes are playing tricks on me it shows

D6X
XX38 Cant make out the X values

Thats what i can make out used to be written on it but it could just be a trick of the light?

New

Jan 19, 2014
I was hoping the IC was a standard part with it being so small but if its purpose built for the xbox one then i will have no chance of finding a replacement.

Here is the only picture i can find with what looks like the exact same its the smallest one ... i think.

Example

The smallest one has (U49 28C41) which makes my guess of D6X XX38 seem plausible?

Last edited:

New

Jan 19, 2014
Is there any way i can find a replacement by taking measurements from the pins to find out the function of each i have a multimeter and a basic understanding of how to use it.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
New said:
The smallest one has (U49 28C41) which makes my guess of D6X XX38 seem plausible?

the chip could be anything, only the manufacturer or service centre would know

Is there any way i can find a replacement by taking measurements from the pins to find out the function of each i have a multimeter and a basic understanding of how to use it.

no not really, without knowing what the IC is supposed to do, any readings would be meaningless

what makes you think that that IC is faulty ?

Dave

Last edited:

New

Jan 19, 2014
Ahh ok i realise i was still thinking it was a standard component so was taking pictures of a similar looking one thinking it would be easier to find a replacement.

Totally realise my mistake each of these tiny chips are numbered different depending on their job this one is located near the blue ray drive power and so it must be for that.

The one i think is faulty was shorted and the epoxy or casing was slightly melted i haven't tried to power on yet as i didn't want to mess it up further without getting advice but i've messaged a youtube user who has taken his apart and hopefully will be able to get the numbers off him in the mean time i will try power on as now i cleared the metal splinter causing the short do you think their is a chance the board shut itself off before any permanent damage.

New

Jan 19, 2014
Ok thanks for all your help xbox now works i cleaned the short got it to power on just the drive is now getting no power so the IC must be power management for the drive so i have only got downloaded games anyway so not a big deal for me right now once i get the correct IC numbers i will be able to find one and replace or are all blue ray power controllers similar etc?