Connect with us

identify diode

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by Gary Woodruff, Apr 5, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Howdy I have a burnt diode in the power amplification section of a
    stereo amplifier. It as a typical small glass diode with a band for
    polarity and no other markings. I have one in the other channel and I
    get a v drop of .60 volts but need to replace the fried one. HELP!


  2. GregS

    GregS Guest

    !N914 is pretty much the generic replacement, being a small glass package.
    However, are you measuring it under amplifier power
    or just a multimeter ? If the diode is reversed biased and a zener, then the voltage
    is going to be something different and higher.
  3. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    I would shoot for a 1N914 diode..
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day