Connect with us

Ideas for a valve control system

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by fordf550e, Jun 10, 2010.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. fordf550e

fordf550e

Jun 10, 2010
    i am trying to make an electronic control to put in place of a manual control. the original system was manually operated by turning a 360* control valve by hand, where pressure was varied throughout the 360*.

I want to create a 12v system that would use an electric motor to turn the valve.

I have a 12v motor from a cordless drill that turns the valve easily at full power but trying to use the variable speed function he motor does not get enough power.

I was thinking maybe using gearing to slow down the rotation of the valve, but was wondering maybe someone out there has a better idea.

It must be reversible as well, thanks in advance for any ideas

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. Resqueline

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes, gearing is essential here. Much of what you need could could come from the drill, and reversing could be accomplished with a relay.
    Also, would you need to have a physical position sensor, or would a pressure sensor make do as a feedback?

Ask a Question