Connect with us

ID Components on Video Camera Circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by p1ne, Jun 3, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. p1ne

p1ne

Jun 3, 2015
    Hi, I'm interested knowing about components on mini video cam and external battery attachment. I can ID video cable, mic, micro SD slot, internal battery. Please ID components that correspond to numbers I've listed on photos.

front-cam.jpg shows front of camera circuit board. #2 is a hard blob of plastic behind the SD card slot. Is #1 the processor?

back-cam.jpg shows back of circuit board. #7 capacitors?

battery-attachment.jpg shows business end of external battery attachment. #8 black components look same as #5 on circuit board (integrated circuits?). Is #9 an inductor and if so for what purpose? What are C2 R1 D1 L1?

Thanks in advance for ID'ing what these components are.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    #1 -- dunno maybe or memory chip ?? ... is there a number or a dash under your purple 1 stick that full part number into google and see what you get

#2 -- the blob ... mite be the processor ?

#3 not sure if you are referring to the black rectangles ( transistors) or the matrix of resistors and capacitors ?
    Hi p1ne
    welcome

#4 -- again, stick that full part number into google and see what you get your photo is too blurry to read the chip type

#5 -- again, not sure if you are referring to the black rectangles ( transistors) or the matrix of resistors and capacitors ?

#6 -- resistors and caps, the caps are the brown ones the resistors the black ones

#7 -- the digit 7 is placed between 2 crystals

#8 -- transistors or diodes

#9 -- yes inductor .... for noise suppression/other filtering

C2 -- capacitor

R1 -- resistor

D1 -- diode

L1 already been answered

Dave

3. p1ne

p1ne

Jun 3, 2015
    Thanks Dave for welcome and listing elements of this circuit board. From google search, #1 is 64 Mb SDRAM, and #4 is Winbond 25X40BL flash memory chip. SDRAM is temporary memory the processor uses while device is on, and flash memory is stored. Is flash memory chip where device's software/instructions are stored?

Like you suggest, #2 epoxy blob must cover the CPU.

#7 is between 2 crystals. I guess the crystals are inside the metal cylinders. What's their function in relation to on/off and mode switches, and why is one black coated and the other bare metal?

#9 is inductor coil for noise suppression, because battery hums when on?

On battery attachment there's also Q1 (behind #8), a switch, but it looks like transistor, not physical switch. So does Q1 switch on/off when battery cap is screwed on/off?

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    most likely

yes

none

maybe a little bit better temperature and microphonics control

no, batteries don't hum
    most likely for noise suppression from an AC to DC plugpack PSU

it is a transistor ( remote possibility of a 3 terminal voltage regulator)
    depending on the designer/manufacturer -- transistors are usually designated Q, T or TR
    Q and TR being the most common ones used

without seeing the circuit diagram, I have no idea of its purpose, could be for many things

Dave

5. p1ne

p1ne

Jun 3, 2015
    Thanks for the info. Do crystals control temperature of device, and for what purpose with microphone? I'm only finding crystal as oscillator for clock. This mini cam has time stamp, is crystal needed for that?

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    no
    but the black covering on one of the crystals will help to keep its temperature stable

yes

I mentioned microphonics ... this is electrical noise generated by some components when they can vibrate as the device is moved around

the crystal(s) is/are needed for the clock oscillators for the microprocessor

7. p1ne

p1ne

Jun 3, 2015
    Thanks for all the info.

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    you are welcome :)

Ask a Question