Connect with us

IC51-0484-806 Adapter Piece

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by MannaMan86, Dec 30, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MannaMan86

MannaMan86

Dec 9, 2013
    Does anybody know how to count the pins on this adapter piece? I'm trying to take the component off the breakout board and create my own breakout pins on my PCB with this adapter. Thanks.

Part shown here:
    http://www.wvshare.com/product/IC51-0484-806.htm

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    going by the info in the datasheet on your linked page
    did you read it ?
    you can make that decision for yourself

Dave

3. MannaMan86

MannaMan86

Dec 9, 2013
    I did read it - I don't have the piece yet, just trying to lay it out, and I cannot tell which pins from the breakout board are being routed to which pins on the BQFP adapter. I cannot just guess, and some of them are shorted together so I cannot accurately use a DMM.

-Adam.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    well you can mount that adaptor 1 of 4 ways all at a rotation of 90 deg
    if you did read the data sheet you would have seen that there were 2 different styles of casing ( open top and clam top) and also 2 different styles of IC mounting one that has an identifier, so the chip can only sit in the holder one way and therefore you must make your own decision on how you want the holder to sit on your PCB
    and one that doesnt have a pin identifier, so you can sit the chip in the holder in what ever orientation is best for your PCB layout
    Thatis, you determine where you want pin1 to be

Dave

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  5. MannaMan86

MannaMan86

Dec 9, 2013
    I found the correct page eventually, which has the pinout I was looking for. I was previously looking at other datasheets found on various websites, but they failed to include this page that I was looking for. Thanks for the help...

http://www.emulation.com/pdf/skt002.pdf

Ask a Question