Connect with us

IC with Interrupts and SPI/I2C

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by kshvts, May 24, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. kshvts

kshvts

May 24, 2012
    Hi! i wanted to use an IC for a project of mine: It has to have at least 2 external interrupts, and either SPI or I2C; such that the pins of these do no hinder the pins of the interrupt. The objective is to use an IC with as less pins as possible. External Interrupt is not to be of the type IOC. PWM channel is desirable; but not essential. In case PWM doesnt exist; IC must have at least 1 16 bit timer. Flash memory is to be >= 4 kb. Architecture can be 8/16/32 bit; and packaging is also flexible. Anything else is not an issue.

2. gorgon

gorgon

Jun 6, 2011
    I would think most of the microcontrollers on the market with >4kb flash, has the rest of your requirements, in abundance.

TOK ;)

3. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  4. vishaletm

vishaletm

Jun 6, 2012
    Use PIC 16F877A , its a common controller with lots of tutorial on internet

Vishal
    http://microcontrollerprojects00.blogspot.in/

5. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    It's an antique, as far as PICs go and you don't need a 40 pin ($6-7) device for such a small project as described... I would lean towards a newer chip for both cost and ease of implementation in several regards... Even something as simple as having an internal OSC is a huge plus in many designs...

Won't deny there is a lot of tutorials out there that still feature it but like the PIC16F84A it's time has really past, especially for new designs...

Ask a Question