Connect with us

IC that calculates the integral of a function?

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Igor Carajo, Jan 16, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Igor Carajo

    Igor Carajo Guest


    I was hoping that someone would be able to help me. I have an
    electrical signal that varies from 0V to 12V. I want to find an IC
    that will integrate the function defined by the signal from time=t0 to
    t1. In other words, if I were to plot my signal for a period of time,
    say 0.1 seconds, I want to calculate the area under the curve. Thanks
    in advance for any information.
  2. An operational amplifier with capacitive feedback and the signal
    applied to the inverting input through a resistor produces the
    negative of the integral. A second opamp can invert that back to the
    true integral. Normally, the integral is set to zero at time zero by
    shorting the capacitor with a field effect transistor or reed relay

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day