Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I Want To Make A Device That Tells Me That Electricity Is Back

tonitobato

Nov 1, 2016
hie gys i was wondering if i could make some kind of blinking bulb ..that blinks when ever electricity is back.i have a generator home and when electricity is cut i have to switch it on .and the problem is when the electricity is back i probably take 30 to 40 mins to notice it.so i want to know is i can make a blinking bulb or anything at all that shows that power is back

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Welcome to the forum tonitobato!

The power in your country is 220-240v at 50Hz, I was thinking of a simple circuit, others will need to come by and validate it, however, what is your skill level in electronics?

tonitobato

Nov 1, 2016
iam an electronic communication systems artsan .and i really dont have an idea for this project

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Mains-powered USB supply/charger with a buzzer attached? Just plug it in (or switch it on) when the mains power goes off.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
When you go to generator power, do you use a manual changeover switch at the breaker box or does the generator do it automatically?

Either way, you have to connect something to the power company AC feed to your home. A very simple circuit can notice when that AC power goes out, and then returns, and beep or flash for a few seconds (or continuously until you reset it). For safety, that circuit is powered by a small power supply, like what used to come with a cell phone. These use the industry standard USB connector, which is why they are called USB supplies. So the first thing required on your end is an AC outlet that is powered by the power company AC only, not the generator.

What is it that you do in electronic communications that does not involve USB components somewhere?

ak

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Either way, you have to connect something to the power company AC feed to your home.
I missed this before AK - this is a really good point! If OP simply plugged in the suggested circuit it would always blink because either generator or AC from po.co. would be feeding it. He needs a AC tap from his box prior to the generator interconnect.

tonitobato

Nov 1, 2016
thanks gys ...some time ago i used to use a kinda device than would ring and make noise .but i dont wanna use it because oif the noise

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Good idea I came across was the bloke had a radio plugged in. When the radio came back on, power was back.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Good idea I came across was the bloke had a radio plugged in. When the radio came back on, power was back.
That works only if the radio is plugged into an outlet that is *not* powered by the backup generator.

ak