Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I want mini project

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This is a really basic web site that has a mini project.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Steve .... you're so bad hahaha ;) that really cracked me up

Dragonairhorse -- have a google search on electronic projects there are 1000's of projects and circuits available

cheers
Dave

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Mini projects

Hi Steve. I clicked your link and thought, a what this is a motor site, funny after the penny dropped. Dave. PS dont know where the OP member is in the world, vellman kits seems popular here in the uk.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Steve. I clicked your link and thought, a what this is a motor site, funny after the penny dropped. Dave. PS dont know where the OP member is in the world, vellman kits seems popular here in the uk.

hey Dave just a hint on forum use :)

stick you name below your text after using a couple of enter key strokes like you see others of us do.
That way your name doesnt get lost in your reply text :) and if you're doing a PS do that on another new line

cheers
Dave

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
hey Dave just a hint on forum use :)

stick you name below your text after using a couple of enter key strokes like you see others of us do.
That way your name doesnt get lost in your reply text :) and if you're doing a PS do that on another new line

cheers
Dave

I think he uses his phone, probably the phone carrier truncating out the returns. Who knows...

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
mini project

Hi Dave and jackorocko.
I use my phone in the mornings, uk standard time, its not a smart phone, ive three desk top pc's, i do normally post my name at the end, oh and my PS at the end of the script, but no have not on the lower line, iam on my pc now, my phone wont use the smileys, so posts with out them are from my phone, i can get on the forum with it, but cant upload images on it, or view others pic's with it, but i cant be bothered to put the pc on in the morning. and i dont need a smart phone at those prices.

I wander if dragonairhorse has found a project yet. ? Dave. :)
PS i did it, my fingers ache doing that ha ha. Dave. :)
PPS just so every one knows it me. Dave. :)
PP...... ok finished. Dave. :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hahaha ya nut :)

It was just a passing friendly comment. :) I had always noticed that your replies had your name as the last word in a line of text rather than on a separate line

yeah a lot of the older phones and their texting leaves lots to be desired compared to the newer phones that have a return(enter) key on the keypad back in may I bought a couple of new phones for myself and my wife ... a couple of HTC Desire HD 's.
The only physical buttons on the phone are the on/offswitch and the volume up/down buttons it has a full qwerty keypad on a touch screen. I do a little bit of texting but nothing like the amount my wife and kids do haha

prices ... actually pretty cheap IF you have a good mobile company, it was a free upgrade from the previous phones on a AU$29 / month capped rate

take care
Dave

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
mini projet

Hi Dave. I know i was only playing about, point taken and excepted on forum writing, my phone is a cheap copy of a blackberry, is called a rio, still onsale and avalible in the uk, and probably other countrys, i see a phone as a tool, i dont go out and by the latest must have new models every month, its got internet access, and for the money a good phone, £ 40 pounds, cheap as chips, i have another phone in use as well, but both are basic no frills hand sets, and use the pc later in the day.
Dave.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Dave. I know i was only playing about, point taken and excepted on forum writing, my phone is a cheap copy of a blackberry, is called a rio, still onsale and avalible in the uk, and probably other countrys, i see a phone as a tool, i dont go out and by the latest must have new models every month, its got internet access, and for the money a good phone, £ 40 pounds, cheap as chips, i have another phone in use as well, but both are basic no frills hand sets, and use the pc later in the day.
Dave.

yeah its all good dave :) we have to have a good laugh from time to time huh.

40 pounds thats ~ AU$65 - 70

hey I understand that telephone and net access isnt exactly cheap in the UK ?
do they still charge for time spent on a landline phone XX pence / minute etc ?
if so, i assume its the same for dial up internet ? if so for dial up internet, how does that work ... you get charged for time on the phone line + charge / Mb download ?
I remember many years ago my UK friends complaining about the phone charges

in Australia, for local calls, we pay a connection charge ~ 20cents, depending on who your carrier (phone company is) and thats it For long distance calls, you pay that connection fee then a charge xxx cents / either 30 secs or / minute, again depending on your carrier.
They have all sorts of weird and wonderful deals ... like you can combine your internet, home fone and mobile phone on the same bill and get savings for combined billing.
things like 100 free local calls / month ( ya dont have to pay that 20c for the first 100 calls) you can have capped rates so for say $250 worth of calls / month you can have it capped at say $29 / month... really awesome saving same for mobile fones :)

its interesting to see how fone companies work in other countries... am always willing to learn :)

cheers
Dave

PS I know we have hijacked the thread on a totally different subject, but since the OP hasnt returned, I'm not pannicing too much lol

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
mini project

Hi Dave.
We must find the OP member a mini project, find out what they like the idea of.
Yes phone use over here in the uk is a war of the suppliers / networks, loads of deals, all in bundles unlimited phone calls texts, internet use at what they claim is there fastest speed, the one thing they all have in common is the 12 or 18 month contract, but once you sign up, past the cooling off period if you dont like the service quality your stuck with it for the duration of the contract.

There are deals on offer for free this free that, but look closer into the small print and over here in the uk there is always a catch.
My phones are none contract, pay as you go options, so on my mobile they do options for putting a unit of data allowance for internet use, or calls, or texts, i pay £ 5.00 a month for a measly 250mb download data for a use of 30 days, after that period it expires, but for light data transfer like the forum use its ok, more than covers it, but if i did FB or YouTube it would be used up in no time at all. Packs cost is deducted from your pay as you go balance on your phone.

I dont have a land line, my internet use works out about £ 15.00 a month for a wireless connection, not a rocket, but fast enough, ive not come across an application it cant cope with yet. So yes i think from what your is like over there in the sunny part of the world, telecommunication costs are fairly good in comparison to ours.
Dave.
PS no only joking on the ps. :)